On Friday 13 July 2018 08:13:23 Bengt Sjölund wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a friend who has an old machine and needs to get hold of
> grub/set screws UNF 9/16" with a length of 3/4" 20mm with hex or torx
> head. Have been poking around for a while and cannot find any
> supplier.
>
> Do you guys in UK have any secret supplier that can help out with
> this? 10-15 pcs would suffice a lifetime.
>
> Cheers
> Bengt

Thats quite a good size, I just checked MonsterBolts.com where I've been
getting mine, but their stock stops at 10mm, so you might have to make
them, but doing the socket is going to be fun. I have done that on The
Little Monster, but much smaller stuff. It may actually be easier to do
the torx, each "rib" is narrower, and would tend to concentrate the
swaging force with fewer lbs from the tailstock. Start with say 1065,
and harden them after forming. A2 as shipped might also be good, its
easy to work before hardening, or has been for me.