What kind of hexapod are you building?  I've have a long interest in them
but, so far have only built single legs as prototypes.   All of then had
short lifetimes.

What what kind of motors are you using and how many per leg?  Finding good
motors at a reasonable price is important.  With only 3 per leg you need 18
motor and an 18-axis controller.  With 4 per leg you have a 24-axis system
and even if you only spend $100 per axis it costs a bit.

The inverse kinematics is not hard to work out.  Just a long and repeated
application of the plain geometry and so trig.

On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 7:23 PM dave engvall <dengv...@charter.net> wrote:

> Oh damn, I just sent my reply to Andy not to the list so here goes again.
>
> I just had Ray Henry on the phone and picked his brains. He says tk was
> written for the hexapod so one needs to find the hexapod kinematics.
>  From there is should be easy or so he says. I've never tried it so all
> I can do is relay information.  Sorry I can't be more help.
>
> An "old" wiki may shed more light.
>
> Dave
>

> On 07/27/2018 02:59 PM, andy pugh wrote:
>  > On 27 July 2018 at 22:01, yomin estiven jaramillo munera
>  > <yejm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  >> hi to everybody, my application is a hexapod and i decided to change
> my GUI
>  >> from axis to tklinuxcnc, my problem is that in the axis GUI all my axis
>  >> move without problems but in tklinuxcnc i have problems with the Y axis
>  >> specifically , This is the error:
>  > Which version of LinuxCNC are you using?
>  >
>  > I am not sure if tklinuxCNC is entirely aware of non-identity
> kinematics.
>  >

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California