On 08/08/2018 03:01 AM, Marcus Bowman wrote:
The joint 2 following error is likely stopping it before it can move
the on-screen DRO more than 2 or 3 counts if that far.
Two thoughts:
First: I had a joint following error which occurred because the machine was
trying to exceed acceleration limits for the axis. Those limits were set in the
ini file, so I edited that and eliminated the problem. But I can't see how that
would happen if you have not recently altered the ini file.
Second thought is:
Can you disable the automatic axis zeroing cycle, and just use manual home
setting, and see what happens? That way, the machine should not even attempt to
move any axis until you home them all manually, by clicking on the Home button,
and not actually moving the axis.
Then you can jog each axis individually. You can also move each individually at
various speeds for various distances and see what happens.

Marcus

Marcus,

Correct, nothing has changed on the machine for a few weeks now.  I leave the main computer running 24/7 and just fire up LinuxCNC when I need it.  No changes to the ini or hal files in recent memory.

I can try that, though it doesn't get past the first homing cycle, which is on the Z axis.  There's no movement at all on the machine. Just the increase in the velocity on the display with no change on the Z axis on the machine or on the Axis display.

Mark