On 9/9/18 1:14 pm, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Saturday 08 September 2018 22:34:06 Phillip Carter wrote:

On 9/9/18 5:18 am, Gene Heskett wrote:
Greetings all;

I am about to give up on this bedwear comp project.

How I determine the amount of correction needed has been tried by
watching the dial as Z is moved, taking notes as to which way the
center of the wobble (the spindle is running about 15 rpms) moves,
and putting that DRO's RAD in the hal files lincurve "setp" list.
Makes it worse, change sign of lincurve y-val, still worse.  Seems
like the correction is being multiplied by 3 or more.

I have run it to a lincurve X-val-nn point, and using the jog dial,
centered the dials wobble on zero, then put the obtained rad into a
y-val-nn, again making it worse with either sign.

So how do you folks derive the correction needed?

I'm assuming the offset itself is in radius, not diameter. In which
case the needed radius correction max's at about 2.5 thou. And that
the sign is the "tricky" part.

Thanks everybody.
This lathe bedwear may be a good candidate for the
dgarr/external_offsets branch.

Humm, can't say I've ever heard of that.  URL?

https://github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/tree/dgarr/external_offsets
Cheers, Phill
Thanks Phill.>