On Monday 05 November 2018 06:31:51 theman whosoldtheworld wrote:

> seems a backslash mechanical problem .... or to low power on stepper
> drive for low motion (if you have these option) or a acc / dec ramp
> too low... so the stepper stop before to go at real measure.
>
> regards
> bkt

I hadn't considered the ACCEL settings in the ini as being a cause, but
raising the stepgen ACCEL and the scaled up anywhere to 100% MAX_ACCEL
in the ini section for that axis might be an educational test. Of course
if the motor stalls with a minor increase, then the first setting for
ACCEL should be lowered a bit, the point being that you stay within the
motors working envelope. In two of my machines, there is a diff in motor
supply voltage, 28 in one, and 37 to 38 in the other, and the higher
voltage more then doubles the motor speed attainable.

There is also the possibility that the OP has a DEADBAND setting, which
is not normally used with steppers but left out or set to zero.