Begin Greg --
The Tool and Die crew I worked with would use  a Ranque-Hilsch vortex tube, or
mister on the machines in the die dept because none were rigged for flood.
One of the favorites was to mix up a 40% Isopropal alcohol with distilled or DI
water and run it in the mister. The Alcohol really boosted the evaporative
cooling. When the job needed extra chill they would run 95% Isopropal. Only
time it would ever catch fire was when OD grinding 1mm dia. ejector pins. It
would light for maybe 2-3 seconds, but could never sustain its self.

I would use an inline pressure regulator and keep the pressure down around
25psi to help keep your compressor from having a heart attack.
On gummy AL I have made a 1/4" mote around the work area on the panel and used
a small squeeze bottle to put just enough Kerosene on the part surface to see
that it is .02" deep and as it leaks away through the cutouts I add more as
needed, (running 4K-24K RPM) I also highly recommend Kerosene for use with "D"
profile engraving cutters.
End Greg --