On 3/8/19 11:55 PM, Chris Albertson wrote:
The easy way to program a "Blue Pill" is with the Arduino IDE.
The way you program this is to just connect them to the USB port like an
Arduino.   But the key is
you need to first load a boot loader into the chip.

Which boot loader? I got my ST-Link dongle to load a couple of bootloader files but neither seemed to work. (generic_boot20_pc13.bin, maple_mini_boot20.bin)

"...
Arduino: 1.8.5 (Linux), Board: "Generic STM32F103C series, STM32F103C8 (20k RAM. 64k Flash), Serial, 72Mhz (Normal), Smallest (default)"

Sketch uses 12668 bytes (19%) of program storage space. Maximum is 65536 bytes. Global variables use 2456 bytes (11%) of dynamic memory, leaving 18024 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 20480 bytes.
Failed to init device.
stm32flash Arduino_STM32_0.9

http://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/arduino_stm32

Using Parser : Raw BINARY
Interface serial_posix: 115200 8E1

An error occurred while uploading the sketch

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.
..."

It seems to be connected because this scrolls in the serial monitor:
"...
Congratulations, you have installed the STM32duino bootloader

See https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/STM32duino-bootloader

For more information about Arduino on STM32

and http://www.stm32duino.com
..."

--
Kirk Wallace