On Wed, 10 Apr 2019 at 18:19, Danny Miller <dan...@austin.rr.com> wrote:

> http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?EMC_Components
>
> Shows EMCMOT as a discrete module, and emcmot.c and emcmot.h are
> supposed to be discrete files.  The motor PWMs and switch IO is under
> the realtime veil, which is easy to integrate into hw.

Note  that that page was last edited 12 years ago, and is based on an
earlier page describing EMC1.
The information there actually dates back to before there was a HAL....

As far as I can tell motion is made up of all the files in the motion folder.
motion.c mainly creates hal pins and exports that hal function that is
called periodically by realtime:
https://github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/f36ddbe0e0cc43adf379aa430114f67ee26efa30/src/emc/motion/motion.c

But I might be misunderstanding what you want to do. If you want to
move motion into a different CPU then it probably could be done, by
making a HAL interface that duplicates the HAL interface of motmod.
(the pin names would not have to be the same)
The Mesa and Pico cards already do this. HAL pins are given values,
and those values are sent to an FPGA, by various methods (PCI, EPP,
Ethernet, SPI....)

--
atp
lunatics."