Hello everyone.

I have been working on a series of videos about linuxcnc targeted towards new
user just starting to learn about the controller. In one of my videos I talked
about LCNC and the Parallel port. What I didn't realize was that all parallel
ports are not the same. Some are not really parallel ports at all but rather do
a little VooDoo with the driver to make them work, which will not work with
LCNC. I have a few startech.com parallel addon cards that work fine with LCNC
and have saw others on different websites that work. I also think I read
somewhere about some cards that do not support EPP so don't work with some FPGA
hardware.

So the little side project I want to do, with your help, is to create a list of
parallel port cards and their status with LinuxCNC. Currently, this page is
located at
http://www.myheap.com/cnc-stuff/linuxcnc-emc2/80-my-heap-articles/computer-numerical-control/linuxcnc/196-lcnc-parallel-port-cards.html

I would be more than happy to place a copy on the LinuxCNC wiki, forums and
other places so that its usefulness can be fully realized. The fields of
interest I am looking for are:

Vendor ID:
Device ID:
Chipset:
Manufacturer:
Model:
Notes (This will include any extra information known about the card that would
be helpful to the end user)

There may be more information that should be added to the list of fields, but I
am unsure of what it would be. Leaning on your expertise can help here.

If any of you are running LinuxCNC using an addon parallel port card, if you
would be willing to share the information so I can add it to the list, that
would be very helpful. If any of you have an idea on additional information
that should be added to make it better for the next person to use, that would
be awesome too.

If you want to share but keep the noise down on the mailing list, feel free to
email me at xav...@gtec.com direct.

If you are curious, the playlist I have created from the videos is on the
LinuxCNC forums, or you can get there direct by
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaamliiI72ntlrHKIFjh2VjmehRGgZpjm

Thanks for your time and patience with me.

Joe Hildreth