On Thursday 09 May 2019 04:46:25 am Roland Jollivet wrote:

> Because no-one has posted anything?
>
> On Thu, 9 May 2019 at 10:17, Peter Blodow <p.blo...@dreki.de> wrote:
> > .... there has been no incoming mail since May 6th?
> > Peter

I've been getting posts, although slow, about 14 since then.

I figure folks are just busy with the first warmer weather stuffs.

Like yesterday I had a fellow with a backhoe in and tore up my front yard
from the water meter to the house, replaceing the whole roll of 40+ yo
plastic pipe because I had more leaks, we found my fix from last
Septembers dig was still good, but 3 more leaks beyond that including
some rube goldberg stuff of copper and galvanized right out side the
house and the galvanized was rotted out from galvanic.

Good thing the guy that did it has already passed or I'd have been
tempted to beat him to death with it. Other than that it was a
relatively quiet day, but I've got aches and pains in places I I'd
forgotten about this morning from fetching the stuff they didn't bring
and probably should have.

But now I've got all new stuff from the meter to about a foot below the
shutoff just inside the basement.  We also found 30 feet of the gas line
w/o damaging it, the french drain around the house and the gutter run we
had to patch. But not the sewer, so we've still after 30 years, not a
clue where it leaves. Building codes?  What building codes?, the city
didn't have or didn't enforce them 40 years ago. Water and gas in the
same ditch!. So we made some new ditch for part of it. Hopefully that
will be the last of that for 40+ years, by which time it will be
somebody else's headache.

The guy had quoted me a per hour, I think trying to scare me off, and
asked for only 1/3rd of that when he was done. Blew me away. So I paid
him the cash price and gave him an extra $70 with instructions that it
was a tip for his helper that did all the shovel work. he did a lot of
work the hoe couldn't reach and did it willingly. Good help is hard to
find, and should be rewarded IMO.

A more productive day than usual around the coyote.den, my local
domainname.