On Saturday 01 June 2019 10:09:07 pm Danny Miller wrote:

> Longtime user of the 7i92.  Former user of Mach3/Smoothstepper.
>
> It is very good all around, perfect high performance, and frees you
> from almost any PC latency probs.
>
> It can configure as a plain-jane parallel port that you'd plug and
> play into PMDX-126, but also other things.
>
> Combine with Linux RT-Preempt and it's SO solid
>
> Danny
>
> On 6/1/2019 3:01 PM, Andy Pugh wrote:
> >> On 1 Jun 2019, at 20:52, John Dammeyer <jo...@autoartisans.com>
> >> wrote:
> >>
> >> Therefore under LinuxCNC I need something with say an Ethernet
> >> interface that has two ribbon cables compatible with PC Parallel
> >> port pinout so the latency isn't an issue
> >
> > http://store.mesanet.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=69_62&;
> >product_id=306

I'll toss out that I've converted two of my machines, 1 from parport and
software stepping, to a 5i25 driving a 7i76d which gave me enough I/O on
the 7i76d to do everything I was doing without tapping the 2nd breakout
on the 5i25, and another, also 4 axis, from a 5i25 and two breakouts, to
a 7i76 with the 5i25 in front of it, and again I now have independent
home switches so it can home much faster, plus gear shift tallys and
still have i/o to throw away or run a tool changer with on both machines
now,  So I'm very happy with the results. If I was to do pendents on the
GO704, or on the gantry, that would be pretty slow stuff, and I could
load software encoders enough to hook them up to the 2nd breakout and
run all that in a 100 hz jog thread. Similar to what I'm doing on the pi
already since its 7i90 can give me 4 encoders in hardware.  Gotta luv
it.