> On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 at 20:51, John Dammeyer <jo...@autoartisans.com>
> wrote:
>
> >  LinuxCNC isn't as easy to change a user interface as MACH3 is so I'm not
> > even sure how I'd install and run it even if I did have the code.
> > In MACH3 select the menu 'view' load a .set file and get a new user
> > interface.  The .set file sits in the root folder for MACH3 and the png
> > files for the various buttons etc in a folder below that.
>

> It's not a lot more difficult in LinuxCNC.
>
> Open the INI file for your config and change the entry
>
> DISPLAY = axis

> DISPLAY = tklinuxcnc
> DISPLAY = gscreen
>  or
> DISPLAY = gmoccapy
> to see three alternative UIs.
> You can also try touchy, but that needs you to create a touchy.hal file
> (which is meant to connect the mandatory jog wheel for that interface)

Hi Andy,
I got the drift of that from reading the web page on the various screens and
user interfaces

I'll probably take a stab at that later this week since I'm still having
encoder noise issues with both US Digital and CUI encoders on the DC Brushed
motors.  Waiting for parts from Digikey to proceed on that.  And my MESA board
won't be here for some time yet.

While I'm waiting for parts I'll put together another STMBL so I can configure
it for DC Servo and track down if the problem is the encoders/motor combination
or HP_UHU with these motors and encoders.

Then once the hardware works go back to setting up the MESA instead of PC
parallel ports in order to get the 55kHz step rate I need for X and Y.

John