Il 8 luglio 2019 05:46:51 CEST, TJoseph Powderly <tjt...@gmail.com> ha scritto:
>cool, thank you.
>was this Linuxcnc ( gcode) or Hal ?
>I think Hal can do a lot for animatronics and multimedia.
>TomP

Sorry but, what do you mean by that?

This setup was made by 4 joints (wires) and my kinematic module. A
three-axis-joystick was used to jog,home and set jog speed, and a gcode path
was generated by a software I've done in Processing.

A wonderful mesa 7i92 was used to send differential step/dir over a max lenght
of 220mt cat6 rj45 twisted-pair cable without problem. lines where terminated
with 100ohm resistor (without those i had problems..) directly on the drivers,
which accepted differential input.

for the future I have to find a way to close the loop in a different way,
because with those hybrid drivers, if one gets alarmed, the system continues to
move until i stop it.

maybe bringing an ethernet mesa card to every winch?

I wanted to really thank you all for the help I've received in these years from
this community, that brought me to this point.

Ciao,

Davide D'Angelo.