Aram

additive machining using MIG is very interesting
I've seen laser welding used to repair expensive blisks for turbines.

I dont know about welding though,
but I see many people trying to achieve this.

these maybe of use:

Design And Development Of A Low-Cost 3D Metal Printer
https://jmerd.org.my/Paper/Vol.%2041%2C%20No.%203%20%282018%29/47-54.pdf

Additive Manufacturing Using MIG Welding
https://www.ijresm.com/Vol_1_2018/Vol1_Iss10_October18/IJRESM_V1_I10_137.pdf

simpler welder
https://reprap.org/wiki/Slicer_and_process_improvements_for_open-source_GMAW-based_metal_3-D_printing

btw: Michigan Tech's MOST projects have a few links that you may find
interesting.

your welds looks similar to what the universities achieved so don't be
disappointed!

hth
tomp