On Sun, 6 Oct 2019, Dave Matthews wrote:

Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2019 16:04:49 -0400
From: Dave Matthews <n36...@gmail.com>
To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: [Emc-users] Mesa cards for a CNC router

I am thinking about changing my Gatton CNC over from a parallel port
and BOB to a usb or ethernet setup.  The current setup works but from
what I have read I will have smoother control with one of the Mesa
boards.

I think that the board that would do this is a Mesa 7I96.  It is
fairly inexpensive, runs5 axis, and interfaces by ethernet.  I am
currently running four steppers as X, Y, Z, A on 2.9.  Potentially I
would like to add a rotary axis so I would just go with a 5 axis board
to be future proof.

Is the 7i96 the correct choice or should I look at something else?  I
will be replacing a $20 BOB that is hooked to DM542 drivers.

The 7I96 is a good choice if it has sufficient I/O for your machine
(11 general purpose inputs and 6 general purpose outputs)

Dave

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics

(\__/)