On Tue, 5 Nov 2019 at 10:43, Katie Maddox <kmad...@gdnwelding.com> wrote:

> I recently was cutting with our Linux program and received an error
> message. It was erased before I could get the exact words written down but
> it said “can’t run in auto mode with idle...”.

Presumably this message here:
https://github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/5ea573adde87231cdc566e3759f85bb4037869f7/src/emc/task/emctaskmain.cc#L1103

 So the question is what it is that it can't do, and why is the
interpreter idle?
If this is happening during a run then I suspect that noise on an input
might have triggered a stop condition.

I don't know if the error messages go to anywhere that they can be
retrieved from once off screen. (I find this to be a real problem with
Touchy, which only shows the last single line of any error message)

--
atp
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed