Todd,

I wrote something along those lines years ago, and still exists in the source
code. It is called emcsched. I wrote it for a jewelry application that did lots
of small parts. It basically lets you put a job in queue, pick a starting
point, feed rate, etc. and runs the jobs in the order in the queue. The jewelry
job ultimately fell through, so the feature went dormant / abandoned.

It is in the same family of applications as linuxcncrsh and halrmt, which use a
telnet type text interface to issue commands. No user interface currently
supports it, other than a custom interface I wrote, which has long since been
abandoned.

Regards,
Eric