On 12/14/19 5:10 PM, R C wrote:
Hello all,

I am new to  linuxcnc (and getting started again).  I have a Sherline style mill and lathe, but never used linuxcnc (last time I used the machines was a long time ago.

I installed linuxcnc based on Debian 9.5, reson was that the older/other version didn't want to install, it tried to connect to a repo that didn't exist anymore.

When I try to run the stepper configuration it says some python files/libraries are missing.

So I guess (as recommended) I probably need to install that earlier version (7?).

Where can I find that version, or a version of linuxcnc that will

I just installed and am running:
    linuxcnc-2.7.14-wheezy.iso
It installed and is running out-of-the-box.

I am using the default Sherline configuration files. The only change I have made is to account for ball screws.

http://linuxcnc.org/downloads/ and choose
LinuxCNC 2.7.14 Debian 7 Wheezy

This installs the PREEMPT-RT kernel.

Tom Dean