I said people *want* to use CNC like a laser printer.     Most setups are
not that good.  It is a goal and if designing a new system.  It is good to
set the bar high and try to do what can't be done today.    What I really
meant was that with a printer, all the critical timing happens in the
printer.  There are no servo-loops on the PC and you don't need a real-time
OS to print to paper.     I think people want CNC to work this way.

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 3:06 PM Bari <bari00...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > A laser printer is a good example of how people really want a CNC mill to
> > work.  You design you document on the computer then press "print" and the
> > printer creates it.   After the last of the data is moved to the printer
> > you can turn the PC off it you like.
> >

> Why it's not that simple:
>

> https://www.machinedesign.com/3d-printing-cad/article/21122653/top-11-myths-of-cnc-machining

Chris Albertson