On Monday 09 March 2020 05:46:50 andy pugh wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Mar 2020 at 04:52, Peter C. Wallace <p...@mesanet.com> wrote:
> > Since the spindle velocity is relatively constant it might be
> > possible to low pass filter the spindle position and make the xy
> > motion a bit less "crunchy"
>
> it might even make sense to use the software encoder module and its
> "position-interp" output.

See also its min-speed-estimate pin text. Because it may not work at low
speeds. its something I haven't explored.  Besides with my scale being
somewhat above 14,000 in low gear precision isn't something on my worry
list when using the G0704. With only 240 edges, 60 teeth, on the
sheldon. and even less, 200 on TLM, it could be a bit schloppy. But it
does cut nice threads.

 - Louis D. Brandeis