You can say what you want about Spam. Once a year is about the right dose for me. However in the late 50 when I was spending summers on a fire lookout Spam was an easy meal. Bearing in mind that by the time you go up all the snow has melted and that was the only refrigeration.

During and after the Korean 'war'  Spam saved a lot of Koreans from starvation. The US Army kitchens were throwing it in the dumpsters so it got scavengedby locals. Spam with kimchi anyone?

Dave