On 4/29/2020 3:52 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Wednesday 29 April 2020 16:05:11 Brent Loschen wrote:

I've used jssc,
<https://github.com/scream3r/java-simple-serial-connector> the
successor to RXTX, with much success.  It's multi platform and open
source.  Never had much luck with RXTX.

But how do I convince the .jar that wants RXTX, that jssc is the same
flavor its looking for.

Thanks.
The api's for RXTX are different than those for jssc, so it's not a drop in replacement.   In the Java world, the jssc library is considered superior to the ancient Java wrapper library for RXTX native code, but to use it would require changes to the Java source code for your application (your .jar file).  Apologies if I misunderstood your original request.

If it's potentially a configuration problem, this documentation <http://www.jcontrol.org/download/readme_rxtx_en.html>may help you determine if the RXTX components are in the right locations relative to your Java installation.

What does the Java application do?  Do you have the source code for it?  If so, I'd be happy to take a crack at changing it to utilize jssc.