On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 4:49 AM andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Jun 2020 at 03:38, Chris Albertson <albertson.ch...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Have you found the Wiki page on that subject?
> http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Simple_Remote_Pendant

Thanks,  I found other hints but not that Wiki page.  It is good.    I'm
doing it slightly differently.   I did not want the machine to jog if the
thumbstick is accidentally bumped.  So the triggers on the front are going
to be speed controls.  With no trigger pulled the speed is zero but with
full trigger the jog speed is "fast".   I expect to be able to feather the
trigger and move slowly or fast as needed.

I might update the Wiki, With Debian "Stretch" there is an "input" group
that solves permissions problem.  I few other things I found too.

I want to be able to do simple milling with no g-code, just runng Axis and
the gamepad.   This will have to evolve over time.

I need to figure out some way to make nice looking button labels for the
gamepad, but masking tape and a sharpie works.

If I ever do build my own pendant I'll make it a USB HID device and it will
work the same way.

<http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Simple_Remote_Pendant>

--

Chris Albertson