Greetings all;
 When I got to the machine this morning and restarted LinuxCNC, the jog
dials both worked.  And they still are.

But turning a hub for a 3d printed sprocket out of a block of alu has
turned into a problem.

Here is the gcode:

%
( adjustable turn routine )
G21 G7 (metric, diameter)
#<_start_od>    =       89.00000
#<_end_od>      =       43.0000
#<_z_right>     =       0.000000
#<_z_left>      =       -11.000000
#<_x_dec>       =       .250000
#<_tmp_od>      =       #<_start_od>

S200
M3
(put machine at starting point)
(debug,14 #<_z_right>)
G1 f500 z#<_z_right>
(debug,16 #<_tmp_od>)
G1 f500 x#<_tmp_od>

o100 WHILE[#<_tmp_od> gt #<_end_od>]

#<_tmp_od>      = [#<_tmp_od> - #<_x_dec>]
G1 F500 x#<_tmp_od>
G1 F50 z#<_z_left>
(do the flange for that side of the pulley)
G1 F5 z[#<_z_left> -1.000000] x[#<_tmp_od> + 4.00000]
G1 F50 x#<_start_od>
G1 F1500 z#<_z_right>

o100 ENDWHILE
M5
M2
%
It stops on line 15, the "G1 f500 z#<_z_right>"

#<_z_right> is 0.0000000 as z is touched off at the right face of the
workpiece.  X is touched off at the center of the workpiece.

Has geany inserted an invisible stop char I can't see? Or does the
hundreds of messages from smalloc the armhf version has been emitting at
startup, all mixed with the boards registration trace, found a bug?

Thanks.

 - Louis D. Brandeis