This is one big reason I recommend people use either Onshape of Fusion 360
-- Stability and a fully built out feature set.    I'm a fan of Open Source
software but not when there is a better free solution.   I recommend the
above because most users are not technically proficient enough to solve
issues with dependency and crashes while Onshape "just works" on any
computer and Fusion "just works" on a Mac or Windows system.

Eventually, there might emerge an open-source CAD that is actually better
than any of the others.   Not just free, but actually better.   This
already happened with PCB design CAD.  KiCAD took off some years ago and is
a leader now.   But this has not happened yet with general 3D CAD.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California