As far as I know they are still testing with now discrete transistors instead
of the driver pack that was discontinued shortly after they produced it.  I
have 3 of the STMBL drives and a couple of spare part drivers.  One STMBL on
the spindle and I was thinking replacing the HP_UHUs for the two brushed DC
Servos.  However, couldn't get rid of the whine so went back to the HP_UHU.

But then I've also got 2 extra HP_UHU drives that are partially assembled.  And
now a two US Digital encoders that were replaced with CUI that work better.
And then there's the extra Shumatech DRO-350 kit still in the box and the two
DRO-550 of which I only assembled one but haven't used yet.

Oh and the 400W Bergerda AC servo.  Ran the X axis really nice but nowhere to
mount the drive in the present cabinet.

Oh the list goes on....

Cheers
John