> Greetings all;
>
> Slow, makes watching grass grow exciting... 3h:40m into making the
> housing cup, its claiming 6% done.  And still doing infill for the end
> wall stuck on the bed.
>
> Someone said that it will need grease and mentioned the silicon stuff
> used in power tool gear boxes. But one of the features of si stuff is
> its total lack of surface tension which generally prevents actual
> contact between the parts.  And thats good. Thats what the EP of a
> grease is all about. But I've no clue how PLA and petro based greases
> get along, so what is the best grease for PLA parts?  Do we have to use
> si based stuff which equals a higher wear rate to keep the PLA from
> deteriorating from the petro based grease?
>
> Inquiring minds would like to hear the merits discussed.  Or should I
> call the Mobil Oil warehouse in Omaha and put it to the real experts?
>
> Thanks all.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett

Pretty sure viscosity is the most important factor but I am not an expert then
it come to tribology. There might be non newtonian lubricants, would guess
higher viscosity at lower shear rate would be good as if I got it correct
higher viscosity is better at lower speed while lower viscosity is better at
higher speed.

Nicklas SB Karlsson