On Sunday 16 August 2020 11:57:31 John Dammeyer wrote:

> What type of 3D printer did you buy?
A Creality Ender 3 Pro. Quite highly recommended.

I have an inquiry in at PrintedSolid.com for a bullseye hot end
conversion kit WITH a new ptfe bowden tube, but being the weekend, no
reply as yet. I like that design better than this one whose weak point
is the shark bite style connection used at the top of the hot end.  No
provision to maintain the pressure of the tube against the nozzle, so as
the tube twists with the x motions, it gradually cuts the shark fingers
into the plastic of the tube, and the pressure and the twisting wears
ditches in the tube wall letting it back away from the rear face of the
nozzle.  That lets hot plastic backup the outside of the tube until it
cools and freezes as a big plug trapped between the now retracted end of
the tubing and the nozzle.  And the ejector motor just sits there
skipping steps.

There is a possible fix, which consists of cutting a piece of the tubeing
off just long enough to fill the space between the shark bite and the
nozzle, so I've done that, and placed a teeny steel washer above it, so
the rear of the shark bite then traps the tubing against the back of the
nozzle, the guy on y-t showing a razor blade being used in a jig,
hopefully to get a square cut. Not having a razor blade, or the jig he
was using, I cut it about half a mm long and took the hot block with it
sticking out to a piece of 320 sandpaper and sanded it flat, reversed
the tubing and sanded the other end flat. This left the shark bite about
1/2 turn from tight when it was clamped, which I noticed was turning
with the motion halfway thru the next part, so I took the wrench and
drove it tight while it was printing, releasing and relocking the shark
bite before restarting the next part. But the silicon rubber sock on the
hot block is so badly damaged from being filled up by hot plastic coming
down past the nozzles threads that its no longer staying in place like
it should.  And the shark bites grip on the long tube is on only whats
inside the shark bite.  I don't expect it to last forever before the
locking fingers slide off the end of the tube.

Hence the query about the bullseye hot end conversion kit. Guessing about
half the cost of a new printer. I asked for a meter of the teflon tubing
and some spare nozzles since thats a different design. Includes a new
cooling fan, mine is rattling its cage as I broke a blade off trying to
clear a dust bunny from it while it was running.

 - Louis D. Brandeis