I had a noise problem with the 203v. I solved the problem by re tapping the
4-40 ground screw in the center of the Gecko's black heat sink. The heat
sink is anodized making it non electrically conductive. My 4 Gecko's are
all mounted on one common heat sink, and after making everything grounded
the same, the noise was gone. I have US digital encoders on every motor,
and Jon Elson suggested that I put a capacitor on the plus and minus power
input to the encoder chip. The capacitor cleaned up the encoder signal's.
US digital has a new chip that is more noise immune than the chip I used.
I am using Ubuntu 10.04 LTS on my Emco FB2 mill, and LinuxCNC V2.5. The
computer is an Intel Atom D945GCLF 2D. My system has been running for 10
years now just fine.
I hope this helps.