Greetings;

I'd like to be able to use that quad pack of TB6560 based stepper drivers
with these nema 17 driven harmonic drives I'm cobbling up.

But, these things are dumber than a rock in that they have a 4 step
current adjustment, but no provision for an idling current turndown.
And at full current, their heat will kill these harmonic drives.

The current adjustments are the right hand pair of dip switches, taking
it from about 750ma when down to about 2.2 amps when both are up.  They
feed two pins on the tb6560, with what looks like logic levels.  And
ANAICT, the response to flipping the switches is instant, no powerdown
reset needed such as the bigger drives like the 2M542's need.

I have I/O to do these with, so that isn't a concern. Developing the
signal is. I'd hit both pins with the same signal, with the idea of
banging the motor at the full 2.2 amps only if its moving, and turn it
back down 50 millisecs after the last step to get it where we sent it to
has been issued.

Is it possible to get an enable signal, per axis, from the mesa cards
that would become true, hopefully a couple micky-secs ahead of the first
stepper pulse so no missed steps would normally occur, losing its home,
and go back false when the last step has been sent? It maybe could be
timed right if it actually steps on the trailing edge of the pulse, and
the enabling action was on the leading edge.

Can this be done?

Thanks.

 - Louis D. Brandeis