Greetings all;

CAD isn't my strong suite as you all know.

However, poking the beast with a stick just for S&G tonight, I may have
modified the stl for the flexgear to give it thicker walls. So I
exported just that piece as an .stl, and ran it thru cura, so yet
another copy is building, with an expected finish time abut 10 am
tomorrow.  If cura doesn't screw it up, it will have sidewalls around 2x
thicker and might make them stiff enough to handle the torque.

cura did give me a thicker wall, but that extra thickness was loose and
just flapping around on the inside of the top 10mm of splines.  So I'll
say that cura, in dealing with an idiot like me, is not ready for prime
time yet.

I hadn't run freecad, the appimage in a couple weeks, and first thing it
did was update 857 hunks of it.  I am impressed.

 - Louis D. Brandeis