On Sun, 7 Jun 2020 at 17:13, andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> My milling machine has a (manual) swivelling head but no quill.
>
> I have long fancied the idea of setting up a pseudo-quill.
>
> My idea is to add B and W axes, where B has to be jogged to suit the actual
> angle head is set to, and then moves in W will be coordinated moves in X and
> Z.

Well, I had a job which required this, and made a configuration:

https://gist.github.com/andypugh/03b9ac265a1db50cb748d3449d3264dd

The kins is slightly wrong, but usable. The table moves the wrong way
when jogging in B as it thinks that the table is above the pivot.
But once the B axis is set it works as-expected.

Here is a video of the job which needed it:
https://youtu.be/PvBrDdwYTfw

--
atp
lunatics."