1. what firmware should I flash a 5i25 with when I expect to have a 100%
usable 7i76D plugged into the 5i25's p3, and a 100% usable std sainsmart
5 axis parport bob plugged into its p2?

2. I've rebuilt the p2 cable, it was 3 or 4 years old and pin 7 was
several hundred ohms. And it now rings good. dmesg says I should see
pwmgen #1's dir sig on p2-05, and its pwmgen #1 pwm sig on p2-06.
Scoped, p2-06 is good all the way thru a std sainsmart 5 axis parport
bob. But pin p2-05 is stuck on ground even when unplugged from the bob.

Wrong 5i25 firmware, a firmware bug or a bad 5i25? This is one of the 3
you sent me about 4 years ago when I originally cnc'd a GO704.  The
other 2 are still in the pink static bag.

Thanks Peter

 - Louis D. Brandeis