On Saturday 28 November 2020 12:12:42 James Isaac wrote:

> Hello List.
>
> I do not know if you get the advert blurbs from "Electronic Design".
>

> An e-book from Bob Pease is being advertised in the e-magazine
> "Electronics Design". The title of the e-book is "Bob Pease on Analog
> Vol. 1",  followed by "Download Your Copy Now" image, (linked to a
> download button image).
>
> They describe Bob Pease as a "Legendary Engineer".

He was odd, drove a v-dub he coerced into passing the CARB rules for
modern vehicles in California but as state of the art as could be.
National Semi got more than their paycheck back in knowledge and good
will when they wrote his.

You will learn a lot by reading his old columns where ever you find them,
E.D. wasn't the only good rag to grant him some valuable column space.

He was also excellent on the phone and I talked to him personally several
times 40 years ago. We ended up friends recognizing each others voices
on the phone a long time back, and I cried when his favorite v-dub
tripped over its folded under outside tire, rolled and killed him, quite
a few years ago now. The analog world lost a genius. He, through his
columns, wrote the book on a lot of it.

> The description of Volume One is described as selected columns from of
> Bob Pease's columns, collected under various hardware subjects. I have
> followed the link. There is a pesky form to fill out.
> No charge (- now I do not know if that would be for Volume Two).
>
> And I do not have an eidetic memory, so their description of what
> Volume Two will contain is not available to me as I type this. But I
> saw some sort of advertising blurb for Volume Two, in the text.
>
> The link to where I clicked is:
>
> https://www.electronicdesign.com/technologies/analog/whitepaper/218065
>72/bob-pease-ebook-vol-1?code=UM_RFYPB
>

> I am more into digital and software, so Your Mileage May Vary applies
> to enjoying this book. But at the bottom of every circuit coming into
> Linux CNC, there is an analog circuit.
>

> James Isaac.

 - Louis D. Brandeis