> I think I'd be measuring the ohmage and inductance of each winding in
> that motor. A partially shorted winding would be on my suspects list.
>
> They should match within a few %. A 10% diff would condemn it in my CET
> mind.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett
> --
Thanks for the suggestion.
I'll check that too although I'm leaning to epoxy PC board material converted
to conductive carbon.

And doing the math if I change to an AC Servo rated at 3.5 NM at 2000 RPM and
update my pulleys to 4:1 from 3:1 I can go from 25 IPM to 125 IPM compared to
the stepper motor.

A change to 4:1 is pretty easy.  Just costs money for pulleys.
John