From: Chris Albertson <albertson.ch...@gmail.com>
Sent: December 8, 2020 12:10 PM
To: Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC) <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Sample code

I wanted to do about the same thing and found this:
http://linuxcnc.org/docs/html/hal/halmodule.html

Also in addition to the above you will need to write to a serial port.
Here is a walkthrough:
https://pyserial.readthedocs.io/en/latest/shortintro.html

Are you designing the USB device?  If so you might want to add some protocol
around the data.  At least a flag value at the start and a simple crc at the
end.

On Tue, Dec 8, 2020 at 7:53 AM <ken.stra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am attempting to produce a Python component which periodically
> outputs X/Y/Z/A coordinates via a serial port that is actually a USB
connection.
> This is similar to what is required for pendants that display the
> current coordinates. Can anyone suggest a tutorial or source code that
> could be adapted to my needs?
>
> I have looked at
> http://linuxcnc.org/docs/html/man/man1/xhc-hb04.1.html
> but
> I'm hoping for something simpler and a little easier to adapt to Python.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California