On Friday 22 January 2021 16:12:00 andy pugh wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 at 20:47, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
wrote:
> > thing about the precision being 24 bits, as the max of 3 volts full
> > scale says it will need scaled at the inputs to live with 5 volt or
> > higher circuits.
>
> The boards always seem to have lots of unpopulated pads. I assume that
> these are for voltage dividers, but haven't bothered to check as the
> project that I am using with them is 3.3V throughout.

$DayJob, or your stuff? Since I haven't had a $DayJob in going on 19
years, I sometimes forget the difference.  My bad in that case.

What I see for us, is a need for a higher voltage, equally efficient
version of the 7 dollar or less, BTS-7960 boards. Zero heat while
running a 100watt, 24 volt motor from 24 volts, yet its only rated for
27 volts max. Run it by a mesa pwmgen in mode 2, and it just works.
Sweet.

But if the PID is tuned wrong, gets into windup and it overshoots, it
will attempt to reverse the motor at speed, and that will crowbar a 400
watt 24 volt switcher.  Shuts itself down for about 3 minutes to cool.

But since the BTS-7960 has a 43 Amp rating, It isn't bothered a bit, even
by that.

Thanks Andy.

 - Louis D. Brandeis