On Sunday 31 January 2021 16:03:55 Sam Sokolik wrote:

> Ok.  I found the config/python script I was working on...  Late 2014..
> Boy.  I will put them up somewhere tonight..

Great, Sam. But in 2014, weren't you using camview?

My experience has been that its slow, and buggier than a ten day old road
kill carcass in August. Or, I've had a whole row of bad cameras. If the
axis display is expanded on a 1920 by screen, to the  point where the
autosize has to start expanding the image to fill the tab, by even 1
pixel, every camera I have tried has gone away to a black screen.
Stopping linuxcnc and running cheese can't find a camera and requires a
machine reboot to restore the camera to functional.  Now I've found a
higher resolution camera that is spindle mounted and much sharper that
just works, and I've installed eclipse and opencv and hope to get that
working. Its a hundred bucks, has a cheesy mount that is very fiddly to
adjust for parallax and certainly won't survive running into a fixture
bolt, but the image is several times sharper too. I've got at least 2
versions of camview, but the machine I was going to use it on lost its
video about 18 hours after updating it to buster.  Onboard video on one
of the now elderly D525MW boards.

So, I've a couple boxes of Dell's with i5 cpu's headed this way.  They
should have the cajone's to run LCNC for a good long time.  And it will
put me with 3 machines all alike plus one to program mesa cards with
plus the pi4b running the biggest lathe.  And a trailer load of old
stuff to clear out come warmer weather.

Anyway send me a url when you can.  And thanks a bunch.

[...]

 - Louis D. Brandeis