> From: Gene Heskett [mailto:ghesk...@shentel.net]
> On Wednesday 10 February 2021 20:51:47 John Dammeyer wrote:
>
> > Ah! Was missing
> > setp hm2_7i92.0.gpio.023.is_output true
> > setp hm2_7i92.0.gpio.025.is_output true
> >
> > All fixed now.  And setting it to DB25-17  (gpio.024) which runs a
> > relay on this little BoB I can make the relay click on and off which
> > can run an air solenoid and give me misting. John
> >
> > > From: John Dammeyer [mailto:jo...@autoartisans.com]
> > >
> > > At the moment using the HAL meter I can switch on Coolant or Mist
> > >
> > > #  ---coolant signals---
> > > net coolant-flood <= iocontrol.0.coolant-flood
> > > net coolant-flood => hm2_7i92.0.gpio.023.out
> > > net coolant-mist <= iocontrol.0.coolant-mist
> > > net coolant-mist => hm2_7i92.0.gpio.025.out
>
> Be sure and put a flywheel diode on the air valve coil John. The contacts
> of that teeny little relay will last many times longer.  And the relay
> driver on the 7i92 should be checked to see if the coil is missing a
> flywheel, and add a 1N914 if there isn't one. But I expect Mesa has that
> covered though.

You bet!   I always do that.  And of course it's better to have them at the
solenoid than at the relay.  Snub it at the source rather than letting it
radiate off the wire.

For the servo faults I think I'll end up having to run the fault signal into
the system rather than to the PMDX-126 dedicated /Fault input.   Then logically
AND that with the ENABLE out to the servos.   That will prevent the AC/DC power
from being dropped out which the PMDX does when the /Fault, E_Stop or Err
signal goes active.

I still have to investigate what will happen to coolant relays.  Like the HAL
will have to AND them with ENABLE or outputs automatically switched off

There's also the question then if
net estop-external-in    =>  iocontrol.0.emc-enable-in
is needed?

 or would I be better to run the Fault Signal into the emc-enable-in.  More
research is needed.  If the Estop isn't triggered with a fault (and DC/AC power
isn't removed) LinuxCNC still needs to know that the system is no longer moving.

John