I'm working on some ideas for a user interface for
a multichannel syringe pump.  It will support up to
twelve syringes, and link any combination of them,
such that a "leader" channel has a dispense rate,
and "follower" channels have dispense ratio as a
percentage of the "leader" channel rate.

I would like to be able to be able to add or remove
channels from within the gui itself, or at least
"gray out" disabled channels from the gui.  I've made
custom panels for Axis before, but never one where
the widgets themselves could be changed from within
the running gui itself.

Is this possible?  Any suggestions or examples to help?

The final system will just run with hal, no g-code
needed of course.  I expect I'll need some python,
which is fine.

Thanks,
-- Ralph