Greetings all;

I now have a nominally 180 degree cam on the BS-1 home switch.

And I have jerk it out by the roots accel's set, like 3000.

Got the new scope hooked to the pwmgens outputs so I can get an idea of
how hard the driver is hitting the motor. And I have found with this
driver, that I can turn it either direction hard enough to turn an input
on solidly for several seconds without accumulating enough error to stop
it, and I am getting someplace as that is 1800 degrees/minute on the
dro. About 10x faster than I started with 2 hours ago.

But the accel's are glacial! Setting the job slider to 1800 an pressing
the jog key, it takes all of 5 seconds for the pwmgen to reach 100% on
for output. Take my finger off the key, and it coasts for 5-7 seconds,
but the motor is doing exactly what the pwmgen is telling it to do, the
pwmgen gradually decays toward a 0% duty cycle, it is not dropping to
zero the instant I lift my finger, which IMO, it should.

Initiate a home operation from halfway around the dial, and it hits about
a 50% pwmdrive in 3 or 4 seconds, then sails by the switch about 45
degrees before the pwm decays to zero and then reverses direction, and
it slowly oscillates, hunting for the switch running past it with a
decreasing run by until it finally switches to LATCH_VEL after 4 or 5
cycles, finds the switch one last time, then drives to HOME_OFFSET about
4 degrees away, settling on something in the area of .0150 degrees of
error, not enough to run the motor & leaving the pwmgen at 8% or so.

Where is the lowpass filter?

I have no limiters other than the pid_a.maxoutput currently set at 800 so
its out of the way.
The only thing I see as odd in the pid_a config is that in order to get a
near null error at cruising speed, it takes an FF1 param in the 22.5
range.

# Axis A
#********************
[AXIS_A]
MAX_VELOCITY    = 30.000
MAX_ACCELERATION        = 3000.00

[JOINT_3]
TYPE                    = ANGULAR
HOME                    = 0.0
#HOME_SEQUENCE  = 3
HOME_SEARCH_VEL = 20
HOME_LATCH_VEL  = -3.0
HOME_FINAL_VEL  = 10
HOME_OFFSET             = 4.498500
# is a servo, with real encoder and does not lose home!
#VOLATILE_HOME  = 0
FERROR                  = 2.50
MIN_FERROR              = 0.250
MAX_VELOCITY            = 30.000
MAX_ACCELERATION        = 3000.00
P                               = 2000
I                               = 0.0250
D                               = 0.0250
FF0                             = 0
FF1                             = 22.65
FF2                             = 0.005
BIAS                    =       0
DEADBAND                =       0.00015
BACKLASH                =       .001
MAX_OUTPUT              =       800.0000
IDB_AMOUNT              =       9.5
SERVO_SCALE             =       666.6666666666667
PWMGEN_TYPE             =       2

This is a position servo, joint_3-vel-cmd is not connected.

joint_3-position-command shows exactly the extremely slow response I am
observing at the pwmgen's, with a slow curve leading to a straight ramp,
take finger off key and it rounds off to a final value. Slowly......

Call me puzzled, frustrated, dumb even.

 - Louis D. Brandeis