So I have been digging arond the internets a bit to find G71/G72 g-code examples, but somehow I don't seem to be able to get them to work. It always seems to be the case that linuxcnc 'complains' about a code/command it does't know.

I found one example, in the linux-cnc examples dir, called: lathe_pawn.ngc (make sure you pronounce that right  :)  )

Running that in axis works, but I don't see any G71/G72 'instructions' in it.

Do I need an addon/plugin or so to actually run examples, I found, that have G71/G72  code/cycles in it or so?

thanks,

Ron

(as mentioned before, I am a rookie and don't know much about g-code programming/coding, but like to learn by example, especially on a lathe)