the set screw..

If I need to print something that flexes a bit - I print with straight Nylon
6,6.

On 12/27/20 9:46 PM, John Dammeyer wrote:
I think it depends on the plastic.  A year or so ago we tried a bunch of
different materials for an iPhone holder belt clip.  No luck.  The plastic
wasn't as strong as the original injection molded material that broke.
Possibly the carbon fibre cored material might have been strong enough.
Anyway, in 6 hours I'll know if the PLA version was worth the effort. The attached photo is from a Misumi model of a 48T L Type. I removed the flanges since they flare out and would make holding onto the build plate an issue. I'll turn a hub out of aluminium.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Pugh [mailto:bodge...@gmail.com]
Sent: December-27-20 2:14 PM
To: Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Making L Type Timing pulleys.

On 27 Dec 2020, at 22:02, Chris Albertson < <mailto:albertson.ch...@gmail.com>
albertson.ch...@gmail.com> wrote:

You really CAN print pulley teeth.   You might argue "plastic is not strong
enough".   If so then you will have a bigger problem with the rubber belt
teeth not being strong enough.

Absolutely. 3D print is very comparable in strength to belt materials.

Though, machining is faster for me. But not for most, I suspect.