As there have been some discussions about zeromq information about the protocol may be interesting https://rfc.zeromq.org/

This information is also interesting. "In 2011, CERN <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CERN> was investigating ways to unify middleware solutions used to operate CERN accelerators." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZeroMQ and https://indico.cern.ch/event/354137/contributions/1763290/subcontributions/153483/attachments/701686/963362/ZeroMQ-tCSC-Aram.pdf which make me believe zeromq is a very good choice provided it is suitable for the kind of communication it is used for in Linuxcnc which I guess it is.

As have been pointed out many times before it have already been implemented in Machinekit which if I get it correct is a fork of an older version. Have no time to spend on it myself except possible reading some details about the protocols at least for months.

Nicklas Karlsson