> I would argue that point, its pre-alpha status, no useable code yet. The
> promise is there, and it sounds good. I would love to be able to do
> something in openscad, export the .stl, and carve it on my 6040 or
> G0704. So the site got bookmarked and will be watched. But the
> prospectus pdf was written in 2012, so in 9 years I would have assumed
> SOME code would be written.

I agree, it is not useful yet and progress is slow.  They do have quite a
lot of C++ code written but the last work was added in May 2020 and it
seems there is only one person working on this.

I am also alarmed that they use STL files as input.   All the intent is
"gone" when you save as STL.  For example, a threaded blind hole is just a
shape made with a thousand triangles and the software would never know to
use a drill and tap.  Same with curves, the STL is a list of
straight segments and the software would never know that a curve was
intended.

A better CAM system would start with STEP files.  STEP describes geometry,
whereas STL approximates shape using many line segments.

Today a good-enough free CAD is Fusion360 but the free version is limited
to three-axis milling.

> > http://genericcam.sourceforge.net/

> Cheers, Gene Heskett
> --
> -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
> If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law respectable.
>  - Louis D. Brandeis

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California