It's been a while since I did quadrature programming but if you have two
sensors don't the two work together to validate signals because they can only
change under certain conditions.  So noise can't totally screw things up.

Now having said that of course I did change from US Digital on my DC Servos to
CUI because they were impacted by noise and over time there were more counts in
one direction than the other.  So a return to zero wasn't the original zero.

So I'm probably all wet.  But 60 pulses per rev is a lot different from
thousands.  Might be better to clean up the signals at the source before they
are ever counted.

John