wire edm , use ground clip on the shaft so no current thru bearings

if wedm is available, its an easy job

tomp

On 10/18/21 9:34 AM, Ralph Stirling wrote:
I just got a great deal on three 750w brushless servos and drives to upgrade my
cnc mill.  They have the same face dimensions, but the shafts are 5mm longer
than the old brush servos. There was no clearance between the motor shaft and
ball screw inside the coupler, so I need shorten the 32mm long 19mm diam shafts
by 5mm.  Can this be done without damage to the motor from heat or vibration?
I don't want to have to pull the ball screws.

Thanks,
-- Ralph