On Thu, 4 Nov 2021 at 06:30, John Dammeyer <jo...@autoartisans.com> wrote:

> As for connectors, I'd solder and heat shrink to cables if they weren't long
> enough to reach the cabinet.

You can get glue-lined heat-shrink for a truly watertight joint.

I bring the prox leads back to a watertight junction box, and in the
junction box have these:
https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/pcb-terminal-blocks/8745433/

On a little board  in the box. It makes re-connecting a new prox in an
awkward position rather less painful.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/W85tdizk8BKjV5sf9

Less downtime, as I don't  need to find a new mating connector.

I might be tempted to use these inside a box now.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08N6G8B1Z

--
atp
lunatics."