I think his method would work for your mill.   Yes the tool pushed the
table and the table moves.   What he does is not just a double loop.  He
models the movement of the table and predicts how it will move.    To do
this on a mill you would need encoders on the table and then run a
calibration cycle that measure table movement as a function of force.

Then as the mill cuts he can update the model parameter in real time by
seeing if the predicted table motion matches the actual table motion.

In this video he loads a pencil.  He says (in comments some place) the
reason for the initial slow movement is that the system is measuring flex
vs. force applied as it puts the lead in the pencil.   after a second or so
the data is good enough the system can move faster.  You can see the rate
of lead insertion gets faster.  It is because he has better data.
https://youtu.be/GCHXNcpq3OA

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California