I followed that link.    Wow, that is a good deal.  Especially when you
look at the power supply.   It uses a 12 volt barrel jack and a large size
wall-wort.   The CPU burns all of 6 Watts.    It could run on battery power.

It is good to look for low-power PCs if they are going to run all day,
every day.  The cost of power really adds up.  The bix Xeon powered HP I
use for development work costs maybe 12 cents an hour.  That is about $400
at the end of the year.

The machine I use to power LCNC and my 3D printer is an Intel i5 and I
could justify downgrading it based on power-saving along.   I had not
realized there was such things at 6 Watt quad-cord Intel CPUs.

On Wed, Feb 2, 2022 at 3:35 PM Andy Howell <a...@gamubaru.com> wrote:

> On 2/2/22 16:31, gene heskett wrote:
> > On Wednesday, February 2, 2022 4:42:22 PM EST Andy Howell wrote:
> >> I was hoping to update to a recent Debian and LinuxCNC version.
> >> However, I have a 32bit motherboard. This is for our school, so I'm
> >> trying to contain cost by just replacing the motherboard.
> >>
> >> Any suggestions for a 64bit mini-itx motherboard?
> >>
> > Most any NEW mobo today will need a new cpu too since the sockets are
> > changed and probably won't take your old memory for the same reason.
> >
> > ATM I'm running a normal sized Asus Z370-AII with the cheapest 6 core i5
> > on it and I'm as happy as I can be. Asus makes decent stuff. Draws about
> > 140 watts less than the phenom it replaced.
> >
> > And stay away from OLOy memory, I had a failure and they needed more data
> > than I had to replace it, so I had to buy a different brand to replace
> > it. That's BS, so be sure, get it in writing, that you can get in
> > warranty replacements by simply shipping the bad one back with a
> > photocopy of the bill of sale. If they won't do that, go down the list to
> > the next vendor.
> >
> Gene,
>
> It looks like most of the Mini ITX boards have the cpu soldered in. I
> don't imagine I'd need a lot of memory. 2GB maybe?
>
> Looks like this will do the trick. $200 with 2GB of memory.
>
> https://www.onlogic.com/pd14ri/
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andy

Chris Albertson